May 4, 2017
Is your thyroid needing critical care? Did you know there are many minerals that your thyroid requires to thrive? Certain cravings mean certain nutrient deficienies. Do you know what they are? You will if you listen to this show!
April 20, 2017
How do you reduce inflammation? Listen to this weeks episode of The Functional Medicine Radio Show, where we are Dr. Carri's special guests and we talk about inflammation and how to stop it!
Main Questions Asked:
- What is inflammation?
- Where do cytokines come from?
- How does someone spot food that is non-GMO?
- What are some other ways for us to start reducing inflammation?
Key Points Made by Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis:
- Inflammation is not necessarily “bad” – it’s the body’s natural reaction to injury.
- Certain foods will also cause inflammation due to cytokines and can lead to chronic disease.
- There are two major issues that we need to deal with: toxicity in our environment and bodies, and genetically modified foods causing inflammation.
- Soy and corn are the most modified crops in North America and they make up large portions of the average diet.
- Wheat and gluten sensitivity are major causes of chronic disease and inflammation.
- In the US non-GMO food is typically labeled USDA Certified Organic.
- In Canada non-GMO food is much harder to spot – a label that says “organic” can still contain GMO foods.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics will help your GI tract heal.
- Filtered water, more rest, and a sense of humour can help with reducing inflammation.
- One way to tell if you’re suffering from inflammation is from your bowel movements, you should eliminate 20-30 minutes after each meal.
- Stick with the probiotics, it takes time to heal the damage done by inflammation. Many problems go away when you feed your body properly and detoxify your body.
- America is the sickest developed nation in the world.
- Increase nutrients, decrease toxins, repair the gut leakiness and replace that with friendly digestive enzymes.
March 16, 2017
Trying to lose weight, tired, depressed, on a cholesterol lowering drug or just feel bad? Did you know that it could be your digestion? But where do you start? Start right here by listening to this show to help you figure out what is going on with your digestion and how to fix it and start having a life worth living!
February 28, 2017
Confused about which fats are good for you and which ones are not? Wondering if all oils like, coconut, fish, flax, MCT are all made to do the same things in the body? Does it really matter? Listen and find out which ones you should be taking for heart health, cholesterol lowering, weight loss and many other health issues!
February 8, 2017
Trouble getting or staying motivated to regain your health goals? Listen to this episode to pick up some valuable tips and tricks to help you stay in the drivers seat!
January 19, 2017
Sick and tired of being sick and tired? If you are suffering from the sniffles and congestion and just can't seem to get well, listen to this show to find out why you are still sick and what you can do to regain your health!
January 5, 2017
It's that time of year again! Time to set our health goals regarding weight, health and exercise. Listen and we will give you pointers to help you achieve a life worth living this year!
December 20, 2016
Stress and an imbalanced gut can contribute to multiple inflammatory diseases and conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Osteoarthritis, Lupus, Crohn's, and Ulcerative Colitis just to name a few. Imbalances in your gut can make you Depressed and Anxious. There are so many natural solutions that can make you feel so good, that you can live life like someone left the gate open!