December 13, 2017
Natural Remedies to Help You “Get Over” the Cold and Flu:
- Slippery Elm
- Steam “Humidifiers”
- White Willow
- Chicken Noodle Soup
It is also very important to optimize your Vitamin D Levels!
Things to help your body stay strong by keeping up your immune system:
- Avoid Sugar and Grains
- Get Proper Rest
- Address Emotional Stressors
- Regular Exercise
Product with high ORAC values that help keep your immune system strong:
Deeper Greens by Ortho Molecular
Help keep viruses away with Lauricidin (mama’s chicken soup)
December 7, 2017
There are 2 main disorders related to the thyroid gland: One is Hypothyroidism, when your thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone. This is often linked to an iodine deficiency.
- Cold Sensitivity
- Hair loss, including eyebrows
- Rough skin, dry, tangled hair
- Weight Gain
- Memory Loss
Also related to hypothyroidism that are seemingly unrelated to this condition include:
- Fallen arches
- Neck Pain and Stiffness
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pale Skin and Vertigo
The second disorder is overactive thyroid, or hyperthyroidism, often called Graves Disease. Its symptoms are opposites of those caused by underactive thyroid.
- Restlessness and irritability
- Weight loss
- Brain Fog
- Frequent Bowel Movements
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Protruding Eyes
Best overall product we recommend for thyroid balance:
Ortho Molecular Thyrotain
Lab tests to determine if your thyroid is functioning properly:
December 1, 2017
Feeling “stuffed” after that holiday turkey? Maybe you need some digestive help! You really shouldn’t feel bloated after a meal, there are digestive enzymes to help you break the food down and get rid of the bloat! Our favorite is:
Ortho Digestzyme by Ortho Molecular:
Indications of poor bile flow/production:
- Loose Stools
- Light colored stools
- Chronic Acne
- Nausea, especially upon eating fats
- Blotchy skin
Looking for weight loss www.EatBirdSeed.com now provides a way to lose weight and keep it off!
Got the blues? Try our "piece of God" in a bottle…..5-HTP 100mg by Ortho Molecular
November 3, 2017
Constipation can usually be treated and prevented naturally
Stimulant Laxatives may decrease your colon’s ability to contract, leading to dependence over time.
The following whole foods contain high levels of soluble and insoluble fiber:
Chia Seeds, Berries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Almonds, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Flax and Peas to name a few. Fermented Foods will also help support Healthful Bowel Movements.
Constipation Relief and Prevention Strategies:
- Remove all sources of Gluten from your diet
- Avoid Artificial Sweeteners
- Make sure to stay hydrated with fresh, pure water
- Get plenty of exercise
- Avoid Anti-depressants, antacids (like Calcium) and blood pressure medications
Address Emotional Challenges
Natural alternative to Laxative is Super Aloe by Ortho Molecular
Our Favorite Digestive Enzyme is Ortho Digestzyme
Visit our Green Wisdom Health website
Buy the book, Thyroid Sniper by Dr. Lewis on Amazon
October 18, 2017
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Could be an Iodine deficiency!
- Can’t lose weight or easy weight gain
Poor thyroid function has been linked to serious health conditions such as:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Acne or Eczema
- Gum Disease
- AutoImmune Disease
We discussed low cost lab work and mentioned the 5 parts of the Thyroid that we run in our lab panels
Signs of Thyroid Fatigue:
- Feeling like you don’t have the energy to exercise
- A heavy, tired head, especially in the afternoon
- Falling asleep as soon as you sit down
- Hyperactive Thyroid
- Feeling restless, nervous, emotional, irritable, sleeping poorly
- Frequent bowel movements
- Irregular menstrual periods or no menstrual periods in women
- Rapid, forceful, or irregular heartbeat
- Protruding eyes
Things that Wreak Havoc on your Thyroid:
- Pesticides and Plastics
- Soft Drinks
- Fire Retardants
Iodine Deficiency symptoms that you are not getting enough Iodine in your diet:
- Salivary Glands – Disables your saliva production, making your mouth dry
- Skin – Results in rough and dry skin and inability to sweat normally
- Brain – Lowers alertness and intelligence quotient (IQ) levels
- Muscles – Produces scar tissue, pain and fibromyalgia
October 18, 2017
In this episode, we discussed:
- Why the changes to our store
- We have forgetful senior moments, lay things around as markers so you can remember where you put them.
- Too much information overload, need to stick feet in the river and relax and just escape.
- Research article most people fear losing their mental ability over losing their physical ability.
- Need to up your nutrient levels to help pull off the toxins they are accumulating thru plastics, pesticides and chemicals that are causing our minds to decline.
- Need genetic testing to find out if there is genetic weakness in the family that might help enlighten you to possible issues in the future.
Early warning signs of Alzheimer’s
- Poor Judgment and decision-making
- Missing a monthly payment
- Forgetting which day it is and remembering it later
- Difficulty having a conversation
Things to help your mind:
- A really great fish oil – Our favorite is Omega Monopure because it is 3 times as strong and is predigested.
- Switch to a Ketogenic Diet to help keep your mind from slipping. That would include a high fat, moderate protein and low-net carb diet.
- MCT oil great for cognitive health in women with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Optimize your Vitamin D
- Avoid and eliminate mercury and aluminum from your body
- Avoid statin drugs
- Challenge your mind daily!
July 26, 2017
Have you been told your cholesterol is to high? Are your statin drugs really helping your health? Is there a natural alternative to get your cholesterol numbers in an optimal range? Listen to this show to find out what you can do to get those pesky cholesterol numbers in range!
June 28, 2017
Is stress taking over your life? Did you know it could be wreaking havoc on your gut and digestive health? Imbalances in the gut can make you depressed, anxious and more! Find out what you can do to break this cycle and start living a life full of peace and joy! There is an answer!
June 14, 2017
Tired, depressed, ache all over? Maybe you are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Don't despair! There is hope and answers! Listen to this podcast and before you know it, that coffee pot that could never have enough coffee to get you going, will suddenly lose its allure!
June 1, 2017
Memory problems, brain fog? What's going on with your mind? Could it be from lack of sleep, stress, thyroid issues or possibly gut sluggishness? Find out on this show where your mind went and how to get it back!