November 3, 2017
Constipation can usually be treated and prevented naturally
Stimulant Laxatives may decrease your colon’s ability to contract, leading to dependence over time.
The following whole foods contain high levels of soluble and insoluble fiber:
Chia Seeds, Berries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Almonds, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Flax and Peas to name a few. Fermented Foods will also help support Healthful Bowel Movements.
Constipation Relief and Prevention Strategies:
- Remove all sources of Gluten from your diet
- Avoid Artificial Sweeteners
- Make sure to stay hydrated with fresh, pure water
- Get plenty of exercise
- Avoid Anti-depressants, antacids (like Calcium) and blood pressure medications
Address Emotional Challenges
Natural alternative to Laxative is Super Aloe by Ortho Molecular
Our Favorite Digestive Enzyme is Ortho Digestzyme
Visit our Green Wisdom Health website
Buy the book, Thyroid Sniper by Dr. Lewis on Amazon
October 18, 2017
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Could be an Iodine deficiency!
- Can’t lose weight or easy weight gain
Poor thyroid function has been linked to serious health conditions such as:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Acne or Eczema
- Gum Disease
- AutoImmune Disease
We discussed low cost lab work and mentioned the 5 parts of the Thyroid that we run in our lab panels
Signs of Thyroid Fatigue:
- Feeling like you don’t have the energy to exercise
- A heavy, tired head, especially in the afternoon
- Falling asleep as soon as you sit down
- Hyperactive Thyroid
- Feeling restless, nervous, emotional, irritable, sleeping poorly
- Frequent bowel movements
- Irregular menstrual periods or no menstrual periods in women
- Rapid, forceful, or irregular heartbeat
- Protruding eyes
Things that Wreak Havoc on your Thyroid:
- Pesticides and Plastics
- Soft Drinks
- Fire Retardants
Iodine Deficiency symptoms that you are not getting enough Iodine in your diet:
- Salivary Glands – Disables your saliva production, making your mouth dry
- Skin – Results in rough and dry skin and inability to sweat normally
- Brain – Lowers alertness and intelligence quotient (IQ) levels
- Muscles – Produces scar tissue, pain and fibromyalgia
October 18, 2017
In this episode, we discussed:
- Why the changes to our store
- We have forgetful senior moments, lay things around as markers so you can remember where you put them.
- Too much information overload, need to stick feet in the river and relax and just escape.
- Research article most people fear losing their mental ability over losing their physical ability.
- Need to up your nutrient levels to help pull off the toxins they are accumulating thru plastics, pesticides and chemicals that are causing our minds to decline.
- Need genetic testing to find out if there is genetic weakness in the family that might help enlighten you to possible issues in the future.
Early warning signs of Alzheimer’s
- Poor Judgment and decision-making
- Missing a monthly payment
- Forgetting which day it is and remembering it later
- Difficulty having a conversation
Things to help your mind:
- A really great fish oil – Our favorite is Omega Monopure because it is 3 times as strong and is predigested.
- Switch to a Ketogenic Diet to help keep your mind from slipping. That would include a high fat, moderate protein and low-net carb diet.
- MCT oil great for cognitive health in women with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Optimize your Vitamin D
- Avoid and eliminate mercury and aluminum from your body
- Avoid statin drugs
- Challenge your mind daily!
July 26, 2017
Have you been told your cholesterol is to high? Are your statin drugs really helping your health? Is there a natural alternative to get your cholesterol numbers in an optimal range? Listen to this show to find out what you can do to get those pesky cholesterol numbers in range!
June 28, 2017
Is stress taking over your life? Did you know it could be wreaking havoc on your gut and digestive health? Imbalances in the gut can make you depressed, anxious and more! Find out what you can do to break this cycle and start living a life full of peace and joy! There is an answer!
June 14, 2017
Tired, depressed, ache all over? Maybe you are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Don't despair! There is hope and answers! Listen to this podcast and before you know it, that coffee pot that could never have enough coffee to get you going, will suddenly lose its allure!
June 1, 2017
Memory problems, brain fog? What's going on with your mind? Could it be from lack of sleep, stress, thyroid issues or possibly gut sluggishness? Find out on this show where your mind went and how to get it back!
May 4, 2017
Is your thyroid needing critical care? Did you know there are many minerals that your thyroid requires to thrive? Certain cravings mean certain nutrient deficienies. Do you know what they are? You will if you listen to this show!
April 20, 2017
How do you reduce inflammation? Listen to this weeks episode of The Functional Medicine Radio Show, where we are Dr. Carri's special guests and we talk about inflammation and how to stop it!
Main Questions Asked:
- What is inflammation?
- Where do cytokines come from?
- How does someone spot food that is non-GMO?
- What are some other ways for us to start reducing inflammation?
Key Points Made by Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis:
- Inflammation is not necessarily “bad” – it’s the body’s natural reaction to injury.
- Certain foods will also cause inflammation due to cytokines and can lead to chronic disease.
- There are two major issues that we need to deal with: toxicity in our environment and bodies, and genetically modified foods causing inflammation.
- Soy and corn are the most modified crops in North America and they make up large portions of the average diet.
- Wheat and gluten sensitivity are major causes of chronic disease and inflammation.
- In the US non-GMO food is typically labeled USDA Certified Organic.
- In Canada non-GMO food is much harder to spot – a label that says “organic” can still contain GMO foods.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics will help your GI tract heal.
- Filtered water, more rest, and a sense of humour can help with reducing inflammation.
- One way to tell if you’re suffering from inflammation is from your bowel movements, you should eliminate 20-30 minutes after each meal.
- Stick with the probiotics, it takes time to heal the damage done by inflammation. Many problems go away when you feed your body properly and detoxify your body.
- America is the sickest developed nation in the world.
- Increase nutrients, decrease toxins, repair the gut leakiness and replace that with friendly digestive enzymes.