June 25, 2019
Causes of Arthritis/Osteoarthritis
- Genetic Susceptibility
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Uric Acid Buildup
Natural Products that can help with joint pain or arthritis:
Chondro-Flx - Cartilage is composed of collagen fibers that impart tensile strength, and proteoglycan molecules (especially chondroitin) that serve as a cushion for joint impact. Lifestyle factors and age can both contribute to a breakdown of healthy cartilage and lead to discomfort, which can lead to nutrient and fluid deprivation of the affected articular cartilage. While most other therapies simply block the pain of joint discomfort, the ingredients in Chondro-Flx address the root cause of joint discomfort and provide the precursors that enhance cartilage synthesis for healthy joints and connective tissue.
Traumeric - is a synergistic formula of natural ingredients to improve musculoskeletal health and boost joint movement
Lab Panel for Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Lab - contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
This panel includes Dr. Lewis' consultation services and recommendations. Please complete the health survey at https://www.greenwisdomhealth.com/health-survey/
February 20, 2019
Stomach Issues And Their Link to Osteoporosis
Did you know that chronically low stomach acid has a major role in setting you up to develop osteoporosis symptoms down the road?
- Inactivity, or too little exercise
- Hormone Changes or Imbalance
- Low Vitamin D Levels
- High Amounts of Stress and Depression
- History of Medical Conditions Such as Autoimmune Disorders
- Weight loss, dieting that results in severe calorie restriction
- Long-term use of certain medications, including proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), fertility drugs/hormonal medications.
- Nutritional deficiencies, especially in vitamins and minerals that help to build bone such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin K
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show:
K-Force - Vitamin K helps maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, cells which break down bone
OsteoBase - OsteoBase provides 300 mg of calcium (150 mg in the form of hydroxyapatite) and 300 mg of magnesium per serving, in a 1:1 ratio.
Lab Panel Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel with Consult - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.