June 3, 2020
The average person can be exposed to hundred or thousands of different chemicals each day though our air, water, food, cleaning products, make up, lotion, medications, etc. The liver is largely responsible for filtering through most of these chemicals, as well as the other many bodily processes the liver plays a role in. Having to filter through the large amounts of chemicals each day can be hard on the liver, and over time it may no longer function optimally. In this week’s episode, we’ll go over some signs that your liver might be toxic, and discuss some things you can do to help support the health of your liver.
Products Mentioned in This Week’s Show
Liver Support – Help support liver health and your body’s vital detoxification processes with Liver Support, a combination of nutrients and herbs designed to support the liver’s role in these processes.* Liver Support combines milk thistle extract with a unique herb-enzyme blend to create a balanced botanical formula for the support of healthy liver function.* N-acetyl-cysteine, methionine and other nutrients are included to support the production of glutathione, a potent free radical scavenger that also plays a critical role in maintaining the body’s normal elimination pathways.*
Vital Detox – This formulation is rich in chlorophylls from Chlorella and contains a unique broccoli extract with glucosinolates. The chlorophylls in Chlorella form tight molecular complexes with a wide variety of everyday toxic chemical compounds, reducing their absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. A high-strength enzyme blend also breaks down dietary antigens and may support assimilation of beneficial constituents of Chlorella.† Glucosinolate compounds in broccoli are powerful inducers of natural phase 2 detoxification processes in the liver. Most substances detoxified by the liver are released into the bile for excretion through the intestinal tract. Chlorella helps trap these toxins to reduce reabsorption.†
EZ Relax – We’ve teamed nature’s greatest stress management ingredients to create a uniquely effective combination. Formulated with Ashwagandha, valerian extract, L-theanine, and GABA.
You can also listen to Signs Your Liver Might Be Toxic on our YouTube channel here.
October 2, 2019
There are things you can do to help balance your hormones naturally. They include:
- Eat real food
- Eat whole food diet rich in fresh organic vegetables and fermented foods
- Avoid sugar and fructose, including fresh fruit juice
- Assess your adrenal health and HPA Axis function
- Balance your thyroid function with Thyroid Essentials
- Balance Estrogen with Progesterone – Progest-Avail
- PMS and other menstruation issues can also be addressed with a number of different plant remedies including a product called Flash Ease.
- Boost testosterone naturally with a product like Testo Essentials
Men aged 65 and older who took testosterone doubled their risk of heart attack within the first three months of use, even if they did not have heart disease prior to starting the therapy.
How do you naturally raise your testosterone? Doing these things will help increase it:
- Weight loss
- Limit or eliminate sugar from your diet
- High-intensity exercise and strength training
- Optimize your vitamin D level
- Reduce stress
- Increase zinc and magnesium intake
- Eat healthy fats
- Boost intake of branch chain amino acids
- Avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals known to affect testosterone production
- Use herbal supplements
June 4, 2019
Each week it seems as if a new fad or health solution is reported. Here are just a few of the “Myths” we will address on this show:
- Saturated fat is bad for you
- The keto diet is dangerous
- Buying organic isn’t worth the cost
- To much protein is hard on the kidneys and liver
- All fish is healthy
- Cholesterol is bad and eggs are unhealthy
- Eating five to six small meals a day stimulates metabolism
- Sodium is always bad for you
- All sugar is bad
- You can make up for a bad diet with supplements
- To control your weight, the only effective method is counting calories
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Lauricidin - Monolaurin is a natural, plant-based medium chain saturated fatty acid extracted from coconut oil that offers unique health-promoting properties.* When taken on an ongoing basis, Lauricidin® may help support a strong immune defense*, support a natural balance of healthy bacteria*, and promote a healthy balance of yeast
Lab mentioned in today’s show:
Comprehensive Lab - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
May 22, 2019
There are eight ways toxins damage our bodies:
- Toxins poison enzymes so they don’t work properly
- Toxins displace structural minerals, resulting in weaker bones
- Damage to organs
- Damage to DNA, which increase the rate of aging and degeneration
- Toxins modify gene expression
- Damage to cell membranes so they don’t respond properly
- Toxins interfere with hormones and cause imbalances
- Toxins can actually impair your ability to detoxify
Lab mentioned in today’s show:
Comprehensive Lab Panel -contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Reacted Magnesium - includes three forms of highly absorbable magnesium for a variety of protocols.
March 26, 2019
Brain Fog, Anxiety and Memory
Symptoms Usually Include:
- Low Energy or Fatigue (Including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Trouble Sleeping
- Trouble Concentrating
- Insomnia – trouble sleeping though the night
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Low Motivation, feeling hopeless or mildly depressed
Core Support - The ingredients included in Core Support were chosen for their ability to support one of the six pathways of phase II detoxification. N-acetyl cysteine along with glycine and taurine are well-known amino acids for their role in supporting the liver.
Membrin - provides vinpocetine and ginkgo biloba to support cerebral blood circulation, decrease excitotoxicity and scavenge damaging free radicals. In addition, vinpocetine has specifically been shown to inhibit phosphodiesterase, and therefore helps increase cerebrovascular blood flow and improve memory.
Comprehensive Lab Panel - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
November 15, 2016
It's not your thyroid's fault! There are so many different reasons your thyroid may not be getting the signal it needs to do its job! Listen and learn simple things that might be blocking your thyroid from being optimal and from you feeling great to have a life worth living!
October 20, 2016
Did you know there are specific foods, vitamins and minerals that can help your thyroid whether it is high or low! Listen and find out what you can do naturally to start feeling better and help your thyroid function optimally!
February 3, 2016
Are you or a loved one experiencing symptoms of heart issues? Or maybe you are experiencing heart symptoms but don't realize what they even are! Did you know your gum health has a lot to do with heart and diabetes issues? What about fiber, is there a link between it and cancer prevention? Find out this and more on this week's show!
January 14, 2016
Did you know that how you feel emotionally may actually be coming from a physical problem? What if there was a way you could heal those toxic emotions? Listen to this show and find out why your emotions are out of control!
August 27, 2015
Learn the truth about Testosterone replacements as well as natural remedies that can help. Why does everyone suddenly need hormone replacement? Find out why and learn more right here on the Doctor's Nutrition Show.
Learn More by visiting www.drsnutrition.org