As it starts to get colder outside, sicknesses start to become more common. This is not due to the decrease in temperature, but is likely due to the increased time spent indoors and close to people who may be sick. Couple that with the decrease in vitamin D levels from less sunshine, and you can see why rates of sickness tend to go up during this time of year. In this week’s episode, we’ll discuss some winter essentials that may help improve the health of your immune system.
Some things that may help impove immune system function include:
- Regular exercise
- Supplementing with vitamin C
- Drink plenty of water
- Wash your hands often
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Get enough sleep each night
- Practice stress-reducing techniques
Practicing these habits daily can help you be healthier any time of year, and with the new year coming up, you could try adding some of these to your New Year’s resolution.
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show
- Liposomal C – Liposomal Vitamin C provides this key foundational nutrient formulated with liposomal technology. Liposomes are spheres made of phospholipids—the primary building blocks of cell membranes. Owing to this structure, liposomes bond easily with cell membranes to facilitate intracellular delivery of their nutrient cargo.
- Immune Essentials – Immune Essentials supports immune health with a blend of highly researched and effectively concentrated mushroom extracts combined with the polyphenol nutrient support of green tea.† This formula provides beta 1,3/1,6 d-glucan and a range of bioactive compounds that have been shown to potentiate immune response.† Grown in the USA under rigidly controlled conditions, these mushroom extracts are made with 100% certified organic ingredients.
You can also listen to Winter Essentials for Health on our YouTube channel here.