January 21, 2021
There are several habits that many people have that can negatively affect the immune system. Your activity level, sugar and carbohydrate intake, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, how much caffeine you have each day, and many other things can potentially lower your immune system’s ability to fight off infections. Fortunately, you can change these things and implement healthy, daily habits to give your immune system what it needs to function optimally. In this week’s podcast episode we’ll go over the best ways to slow down your immune system, and what you can do instead.
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show
Immune Essentials – Immune Essentials supports immune health with a blend of highly researched and effectively concentrated mushroom extracts combined with the polyphenol nutrient support of green tea.† This formula provides beta 1,3/1,6 d-glucan and a range of bioactive compounds that have been shown to potentiate immune response.† Grown in the USA under rigidly controlled conditions, these mushroom extracts are made with 100% certified organic ingredients.
Micellized Vitamin A – Vitamin A is an important nutrient for vision, immune system function, bone and cartilage development, and the maintenance and repair of epithelial tissue.† This formulation combines two forms of vitamin A—palmitate and betacarotene—that have been micellized into extremely small droplets that are easily absorbed into the bloodstream. Potassium sorbate provides a safe, well-tolerated, and hypoallergenic stabilizing agent for the liquid Micellized Vitamin A preparation. Each drop supplies 1,507 mcg RAE of vitamin A.
You can also listen to Best Ways to Slow Down Your Immune System on our YouTube channel here.
October 2, 2019
There are things you can do to help balance your hormones naturally. They include:
- Eat real food
- Eat whole food diet rich in fresh organic vegetables and fermented foods
- Avoid sugar and fructose, including fresh fruit juice
- Assess your adrenal health and HPA Axis function
- Balance your thyroid function with Thyroid Essentials
- Balance Estrogen with Progesterone – Progest-Avail
- PMS and other menstruation issues can also be addressed with a number of different plant remedies including a product called Flash Ease.
- Boost testosterone naturally with a product like Testo Essentials
Men aged 65 and older who took testosterone doubled their risk of heart attack within the first three months of use, even if they did not have heart disease prior to starting the therapy.
How do you naturally raise your testosterone? Doing these things will help increase it:
- Weight loss
- Limit or eliminate sugar from your diet
- High-intensity exercise and strength training
- Optimize your vitamin D level
- Reduce stress
- Increase zinc and magnesium intake
- Eat healthy fats
- Boost intake of branch chain amino acids
- Avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals known to affect testosterone production
- Use herbal supplements
September 25, 2019
What does it mean to eat stress free? Basically, eating clean is the best way to eat and creates the less stress. Clean eating will produce the following when you eat foods as close to their natural state as possible:
- Decreases inflammation
- Lowers Acidity
- Alkalizes the body
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Removes toxins and artificial ingredients
- Provides optimum nutrients
Clean eating is great for these types of people:
- Dealing with food allergies
- Heart disease or cardiovascular issues
- Digestive Dysfunction
- Depression or Anxiety
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
All forms of chronic disease
Products mentioned in today’s Show:
Deeper Greens - Deeper Greens helps patients overcome diets lacking in the recommended fruits and vegetables a day, as stated by the National Cancer Institute. Deeper Greens is a convenient drink mix providing beneficial nutrients from berries, fruits, vegetables and greens to support a healthy diet. This complete formula combines concentrated fruits and berries along with a unique vegetable antioxidant blend to help build antioxidant reserves and protect the body from free radical
September 17, 2019
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism:
- Persistent fatigue, lethargy, or depression
- Low motivation to exercise
- Moodiness, Anxiety
- Brain fog, trouble concentrating, forgetfulness
- Intolerance to cold, frequently feeling chilly
- A hoarse voice
- Unexplainable weight gain
- Constipation, bloating and other digestive issues
- Muscle weakness, aches or pains, other discomforts
- Dry hair and skin
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism:
- Insomnia, sleep troubles
- Nervousness, symptoms of anxiety
- Racing heart
- Eyes that appear large and sometimes bulge
- Unexplained weight loss
- Muscle weakness
- Multiple bowel movements
- High amounts of perspiration
- Thin, brittle hair
Product mentioned on today’s show:
Bacopa 320 - This high-strength standardized whole plant Bacopa monnieri extract CDRI 08® is clinically demonstrated to support working memory and retention
August 28, 2019
Listen today to find out what the most common health questions are and the answers to them in this episode!
- Is my cell phone killing me?
- Can Vitamin D really save my life? Do you really need to take four times the recommended daily dose?
- Is it okay to cleanse your body by fasting from time to time?
- Can I trust my tap water? Does it make any difference if I buy bottled water?
- Is my microwave giving me cancer?
- How long am I contagious when I have the flu or cold?
Find out the answers to these questions and all about the new products we are now carrying and what they replace.
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Ultra D3 & K2 - Clinical research suggests that the combination of vitamin D3 plus K2 together help provide support for healthy cardiovascular function, bone health, and immune system function.
July 17, 2019
Stress is affecting your quality of life by:
- It is messing with your brain
- Increases risk of heart attack, heart disease and stroke
- Stress dials down your immune system
- Chronic stress contributes to aging
- Contributing to weight gain and digestive disorders
- Chronic stress affects your mood and relationships
- Stress increases pain
- Stress affects sexuality and reproductive functions
- Chronic stress affects your skin, hair and teeth
- Stress contributes to addiction
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Core Support - Core Support helps maintain Phase II detoxification by providing protein, fiber and nutrients to promote normal detoxification function.
Lab Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel - Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
April 2, 2019
Beauty From The Inside
Did you know that beauty on the outside starts with beauty on the inside? There are natural ways you can achieve this. Here are just a few ideas:
- Use Probiotics – they are tied to improved immunity, hormonal control, appetite regulation and energy levels. They can help your nervous system deal with toxins like parasites, viruses, yeast and bad bacteria
- Quality Omega-3 Supplement – Omega-3’s are loaded with healthy fatty acids that help keep skin moisturized and elastic. They also help regulate hormone function, nervous system health and immune function
- Collagen protein is one of the best natural skin care supplements available today. Collagen helps build healthy skin cells and helps keep youthful elasticity, softness and firmness.
- Drink plenty of water because water makes up about 70 percent of your body and a very large portion of your skin.
- Get good sleep and lower your stress – you should know that “beauty sleep” is more than just a silly saying. A good night’s sleep is truly where the magic happens!
Products mentioned in todays show:
CollaGen - FORTIGEL® has been shown in human studies to stimulate collagen regeneration, type II collagen and aggrecan, which all help to maintain healthy connective tissue.
Core Support - helps maintain Phase II detoxification by providing protein, fiber and nutrients to promote normal detoxification function.
March 26, 2019
Brain Fog, Anxiety and Memory
Symptoms Usually Include:
- Low Energy or Fatigue (Including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Trouble Sleeping
- Trouble Concentrating
- Insomnia – trouble sleeping though the night
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Low Motivation, feeling hopeless or mildly depressed
Core Support - The ingredients included in Core Support were chosen for their ability to support one of the six pathways of phase II detoxification. N-acetyl cysteine along with glycine and taurine are well-known amino acids for their role in supporting the liver.
Membrin - provides vinpocetine and ginkgo biloba to support cerebral blood circulation, decrease excitotoxicity and scavenge damaging free radicals. In addition, vinpocetine has specifically been shown to inhibit phosphodiesterase, and therefore helps increase cerebrovascular blood flow and improve memory.
Comprehensive Lab Panel - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
March 20, 2019
Stress and Diabetes
Stress related Diabetes can lead to these health complications which include:
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Disease
- Nervous System Disease
- Dental Disease
- Pregnancy complications
Products mentioned for Stress:
Cerenity - • Supports a State of Calmness and Relaxation • Increases Serotonin and GABA Production in the Brain • Addresses Neurotransmitter Signaling Systems • Supports Occasional Sleeplessness
Cerevive - • Designed to Support Mood and Brighten Mental Outlook • Supports the Production of the Neurotransmitters Serotonin, GABA, Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Epinephrine • Supports Calming Alpha Brain Wave Activity • Addresses Neurotransmitter Signaling Systems
Products mentioned for Blood Sugar:
GlycemaCORE - • Supports Blood Sugar Balance Already Within Normal Levels • Strengthens Cardiovascular Health
Reacted Chromium - • Provides Highly Absorbed Chromium for a Variety of Protocols • Supports Blood Sugar Balance Already Within Normal Levels • Maintains Healthy Insulin Balance
Lab Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Lab Panel - contains 13 tests with 102 bio-markers.
This panel includes Dr. Lewis' consultation services and recommendations. Please complete the health survey at https://www.greenwisdomhealth.com/health-survey/
March 12, 2019
The most common conditions and lifestyle factors that cause insomnia include:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Back Pain
- Frequent Urination
- Hot Flashes
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Digestive Problems
- Allergies or Respiratory Conditions
- Shift Work
- Alcohol and Drug Use
- Certain Medications Including Antidepressants
Products Mentioned to help with Sleep:
Kavinace Ultra PM - One capsule of Kavinace Ultra PM taken at bedtime for 5 days significantly improved quality of sleep as measured by the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (6).* Participants taking Kavinace Ultra PM reported decreased time to fall asleep, increased duration of sleep, and decreased sleep disturbances (6).*
Best Rest - Promotes the onset of sleep as well as sleep quality* Supports natural relaxation of the nervous system* Made with flower extracts and other natural ingredients Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients Best-Rest Formula supports healthy sleep cycles by encouraging an easy transition to sleep and a restful night’s sleep