October 23, 2019
Heartburn and indigestion are common problems that can make eating difficult. There are several things that could potentially cause these problems, and the solution may depend on the cause. Poor gut health is believed to be one of the root causes of many common health issues, and repairing the gut may be key to heartburn and indigestion relief. In today's episode - Heartburn, Indigestion and Misery On Me - we'll discuss some common causes, and what you can do about it.
Common Causes of Heartburn:
- Laying Down After Eating
- Low Stomach Acid
- Overuse of Ibuprofen
- Hiatal Hernia
Heartburn and indigestion can be difficult to get over, and each person is different. If you have low stomach acid, then supplementing with betaine may help. Quitting smoking and maintaining a healthy weight may also help, as well as provide other health benefits. Avoiding large meals, especially at night, and not laying down after eating may also help reduce heartburn and indigestion. A healthy gut is necessary for overall good health, so do your best to keep your gut happy and healthy.
Products Mentioned in Today's Show
GI Support Vanilla - GI Support includes a high-dose of L-glutamine (4 g), which serves as nutrition for the gut lining. It provides 400 mg of deglycyrrhized licorice root extract (DGL) and 75 mg of aloe vera extract, both of which protect and promote the health of the gut mucosa. N-acetyl glucosamine and zinc may help boost GI integrity.
Acetyl L-Carnitine - The acetyl group can serve as a metabolic source of acetylcholine, a brain neurotransmitter, while the L-carnitine component carries fatty acids into mitochondria of nerve, heart, and muscle cells for use in energy production.† Other actions benefit membrane stability, production of nerve growth factor, and cerebral blood flow.†
You can also listen to our Heartburn, Indigestion and Misery On Me episode on our YouTube channel here.
October 2, 2019
There are things you can do to help balance your hormones naturally. They include:
- Eat real food
- Eat whole food diet rich in fresh organic vegetables and fermented foods
- Avoid sugar and fructose, including fresh fruit juice
- Assess your adrenal health and HPA Axis function
- Balance your thyroid function with Thyroid Essentials
- Balance Estrogen with Progesterone – Progest-Avail
- PMS and other menstruation issues can also be addressed with a number of different plant remedies including a product called Flash Ease.
- Boost testosterone naturally with a product like Testo Essentials
Men aged 65 and older who took testosterone doubled their risk of heart attack within the first three months of use, even if they did not have heart disease prior to starting the therapy.
How do you naturally raise your testosterone? Doing these things will help increase it:
- Weight loss
- Limit or eliminate sugar from your diet
- High-intensity exercise and strength training
- Optimize your vitamin D level
- Reduce stress
- Increase zinc and magnesium intake
- Eat healthy fats
- Boost intake of branch chain amino acids
- Avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals known to affect testosterone production
- Use herbal supplements
June 4, 2019
Each week it seems as if a new fad or health solution is reported. Here are just a few of the “Myths” we will address on this show:
- Saturated fat is bad for you
- The keto diet is dangerous
- Buying organic isn’t worth the cost
- To much protein is hard on the kidneys and liver
- All fish is healthy
- Cholesterol is bad and eggs are unhealthy
- Eating five to six small meals a day stimulates metabolism
- Sodium is always bad for you
- All sugar is bad
- You can make up for a bad diet with supplements
- To control your weight, the only effective method is counting calories
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Lauricidin - Monolaurin is a natural, plant-based medium chain saturated fatty acid extracted from coconut oil that offers unique health-promoting properties.* When taken on an ongoing basis, Lauricidin® may help support a strong immune defense*, support a natural balance of healthy bacteria*, and promote a healthy balance of yeast
Lab mentioned in today’s show:
Comprehensive Lab - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
July 26, 2017
Have you been told your cholesterol is to high? Are your statin drugs really helping your health? Is there a natural alternative to get your cholesterol numbers in an optimal range? Listen to this show to find out what you can do to get those pesky cholesterol numbers in range!