December 10, 2019
As it starts to get colder outside, sicknesses start to become more common. This is not due to the decrease in temperature, but is likely due to the increased time spent indoors and close to people who may be sick. Couple that with the decrease in vitamin D levels from less sunshine, and you can see why rates of sickness tend to go up during this time of year. In this week’s episode, we’ll discuss some winter essentials that may help improve the health of your immune system.
Some things that may help impove immune system function include:
- Regular exercise
- Supplementing with vitamin C
- Drink plenty of water
- Wash your hands often
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Get enough sleep each night
- Practice stress-reducing techniques
Practicing these habits daily can help you be healthier any time of year, and with the new year coming up, you could try adding some of these to your New Year’s resolution.
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show
- Liposomal C – Liposomal Vitamin C provides this key foundational nutrient formulated with liposomal technology. Liposomes are spheres made of phospholipids—the primary building blocks of cell membranes. Owing to this structure, liposomes bond easily with cell membranes to facilitate intracellular delivery of their nutrient cargo.
- Immune Essentials – Immune Essentials supports immune health with a blend of highly researched and effectively concentrated mushroom extracts combined with the polyphenol nutrient support of green tea.† This formula provides beta 1,3/1,6 d-glucan and a range of bioactive compounds that have been shown to potentiate immune response.† Grown in the USA under rigidly controlled conditions, these mushroom extracts are made with 100% certified organic ingredients.
You can also listen to Winter Essentials for Health on our YouTube channel here.
October 15, 2019
With the seasons changing, more people are having trouble with allergies and sicknesses. We get questions this time of year about what people can do for natural allergy relief and seasonal defense against colds and the flu, especially from teachers and hospital staff who are more likely to catch something. Let's discuss the differences between allergies, colds, and the flu, and some supplements that may help provide some relief and help keep your immune system healthy.
Allergies may cause symptoms like:
- Runny Nose
- Itchy Throat or Eyes
- Sinus Congestion
A cold may cause a gradual onset of symptoms including:
- Sinus Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Occasional Chest Congestion
The flu typically causes a sudden onset of symptoms like:
- Muscle Weakness
- Body Aches
Eating plenty of organic fruits and vegetables can help provide the nutrients and antioxidants your body needs to fight off infections. However, it is difficult to get all the nutrients you need from food alone due to our soil being depleted over the years. There are also many herbs that can help keep the immune system healthy that would be difficult to eat, so taking supplements is a great way to get in vitamins, herbs and minerals you may not get through other sources.
Products Mentioned in Today's Show
Hista-Plex - This formula includes optimal support for nasal and sinus passageways for individuals with seasonal allergies.
Immune Essentials - Immune Essentials supports immune health with a blend of highly researched and effectively concentrated mushroom extracts combined with the polyphenol nutrient support of green tea.†
You can also listen to Allergy Relief and Seasonal Defense on our YouTube channel here.
October 9, 2019
Candida overgrowth is a frequently discussed topic, and we get many questions about it from our patients. It is often blamed for many different health issues like autoimmune diseases, sinus infections, urinary tract infections, chronic fatigue, and many others. However, candida overgrowth is not solely responsible for all of these, and there is a lot of misinformation surrounding its causes and effects. Join us in getting to the gut of the matter of candida.
Possible Symptoms of Candida May Include:
- Chronic Sinus Issues
- Hormone Imbalances
- Bloating and Other Digestive Issues
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Bad Breath
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Joint Pain
- Uncontrolled Food Cravings (Especially for Bread, Pasta, and Sweets)
- Brain Fog and Difficulty Focusing
If an overgrowth of candida is suspected, dietary and lifestyle changes are often necessary to help heal it and prevent it from recurring. Greatly reducing or eliminating consumption of processed foods and high-carb, sugary foods is one of the best things to help "starve out" candida. Candida is often said to feed on sugar, so reducing its food supply may help reduce the problem. Having regular bowel movements may also help with candida overgrowth. So eat plenty of organic fruits and vegetables to get the fiber you need to stay regular, and drink plenty of water to flush that fiber out.
Product Mentioned in Today's Show
Candida Support - This powerful phytonutrient complex was designed for restoring and maintaining a healthy, balanced gastrointestinal microbiota. Along with undecylenic acid, this formula also provides berberine and other synergistic factors.
July 17, 2019
Stress is affecting your quality of life by:
- It is messing with your brain
- Increases risk of heart attack, heart disease and stroke
- Stress dials down your immune system
- Chronic stress contributes to aging
- Contributing to weight gain and digestive disorders
- Chronic stress affects your mood and relationships
- Stress increases pain
- Stress affects sexuality and reproductive functions
- Chronic stress affects your skin, hair and teeth
- Stress contributes to addiction
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Core Support - Core Support helps maintain Phase II detoxification by providing protein, fiber and nutrients to promote normal detoxification function.
Lab Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel - Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
May 7, 2019
Signs of an immune system problem:
- Low Energy
- Metabolic Issues like weight gain
- Digestive Issues
- Blood Sugar Issues
- Sporadic Irritability
- Occasional Restlessness
- Mild Inflammation
Most Common Factors That Contribute to a Weakened Immune System:
- Heavy Metals
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Poor Digestive Health
Product Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Lauridin -Monolaurin is a natural, plant-based medium chain saturated fatty acid extracted from coconut oil that offers unique health-promoting properties.
Lab Panel Mentioned for Immune System:
Comprehensive Panel with Consult - contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
This panel includes Dr. Lewis' consultation services and recommendations. Please complete the health survey at https://www.greenwisdomhealth.com/health-survey/