January 28, 2020
Cholesterol has been demonized for many years, but with the rise of high-fat diets like keto, many people have begun wondering if cholesterol is really as bad as it was portrayed. The topic of cholesterol is a relatively complex one because there are so many things that can affect cholesterol or be affected by it including hormones, thyroid function, liver function, and diet and lifestyle choices. There are also many different opinions on what is a healthy cholesterol level, the rise in statin prescriptions, and much more. In this week’s episode we’ll cover some of the more common questions about cholesterol and learn if cholesterol is your friend or enemy. We’ll also go over some lifestyle changes you can make and supplements that may help promote healthy cholesterol levels.
Products Mentioned In Today’s Show
Meta Balance – Meta Balance contains the soluble fiber, alpha-cyclodextrin, a prebiotic patented as FBCx®. FBCx has been researched for over a decade. Clinical studies show that Meta Balance assists in supporting healthy cholesterol and triglycerides and helps to maintain triglycerides after meals.†
Omega Supreme Liquid – Omega Supreme Liquid provides concentrated triglyceride-form omega-3 EPA, and DHA derived from fish oil. Omega-3 fatty acids are often called “good fats” due to the numerous roles they play in supporting health, including supporting a balanced inflammatory response, assisting triglyceride metabolism, and supporting heart, joint, skin, brain, and nerve function.†
Bergamot – Emerging clinical research has demonstrated that Bergamot may help maintain healthy total cholesterol (TC), high density lipoprotein (HDL), low density lipoprotein (LDL), very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) and triglyceride (TRI) levels. Research has also demonstrated that it may provide antioxidant-balancing properties and help maintain normal inflammatory balance to help preserve coronary arteries.
You can also listen to our Is Cholesterol Your Friend or Enemy? on our YouTube channel here.
October 2, 2019
There are things you can do to help balance your hormones naturally. They include:
- Eat real food
- Eat whole food diet rich in fresh organic vegetables and fermented foods
- Avoid sugar and fructose, including fresh fruit juice
- Assess your adrenal health and HPA Axis function
- Balance your thyroid function with Thyroid Essentials
- Balance Estrogen with Progesterone – Progest-Avail
- PMS and other menstruation issues can also be addressed with a number of different plant remedies including a product called Flash Ease.
- Boost testosterone naturally with a product like Testo Essentials
Men aged 65 and older who took testosterone doubled their risk of heart attack within the first three months of use, even if they did not have heart disease prior to starting the therapy.
How do you naturally raise your testosterone? Doing these things will help increase it:
- Weight loss
- Limit or eliminate sugar from your diet
- High-intensity exercise and strength training
- Optimize your vitamin D level
- Reduce stress
- Increase zinc and magnesium intake
- Eat healthy fats
- Boost intake of branch chain amino acids
- Avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals known to affect testosterone production
- Use herbal supplements
July 17, 2019
Stress is affecting your quality of life by:
- It is messing with your brain
- Increases risk of heart attack, heart disease and stroke
- Stress dials down your immune system
- Chronic stress contributes to aging
- Contributing to weight gain and digestive disorders
- Chronic stress affects your mood and relationships
- Stress increases pain
- Stress affects sexuality and reproductive functions
- Chronic stress affects your skin, hair and teeth
- Stress contributes to addiction
Product mentioned in today’s show:
Core Support - Core Support helps maintain Phase II detoxification by providing protein, fiber and nutrients to promote normal detoxification function.
Lab Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel - Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
April 2, 2019
Beauty From The Inside
Did you know that beauty on the outside starts with beauty on the inside? There are natural ways you can achieve this. Here are just a few ideas:
- Use Probiotics – they are tied to improved immunity, hormonal control, appetite regulation and energy levels. They can help your nervous system deal with toxins like parasites, viruses, yeast and bad bacteria
- Quality Omega-3 Supplement – Omega-3’s are loaded with healthy fatty acids that help keep skin moisturized and elastic. They also help regulate hormone function, nervous system health and immune function
- Collagen protein is one of the best natural skin care supplements available today. Collagen helps build healthy skin cells and helps keep youthful elasticity, softness and firmness.
- Drink plenty of water because water makes up about 70 percent of your body and a very large portion of your skin.
- Get good sleep and lower your stress – you should know that “beauty sleep” is more than just a silly saying. A good night’s sleep is truly where the magic happens!
Products mentioned in todays show:
CollaGen - FORTIGEL® has been shown in human studies to stimulate collagen regeneration, type II collagen and aggrecan, which all help to maintain healthy connective tissue.
Core Support - helps maintain Phase II detoxification by providing protein, fiber and nutrients to promote normal detoxification function.
March 6, 2019
Signs and Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalances
- Weight Gain or Weight Loss
- Depression and Anxiety
- Low Libido
- Changes in Appetite
- Digestive Issues
- Hair Loss and Thinning Hair
- Low Testosterone
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Hyperthyroidism and Graves Disease
Some Symptoms Women May Experience Include
- Infertility and Irregular Periods
- Painful PMS
- Vaginal Dryness
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Product Mentioned In Today’s Show:
CDG Estrodim - By keeping hormones in balance and ensuring the body is able to process hormones properly, cruciferous vegetable metabolites (such as I3C and DIM) work together to reduce hormone overload and maintain cellular health
February 20, 2019
Stomach Issues And Their Link to Osteoporosis
Did you know that chronically low stomach acid has a major role in setting you up to develop osteoporosis symptoms down the road?
- Inactivity, or too little exercise
- Hormone Changes or Imbalance
- Low Vitamin D Levels
- High Amounts of Stress and Depression
- History of Medical Conditions Such as Autoimmune Disorders
- Weight loss, dieting that results in severe calorie restriction
- Long-term use of certain medications, including proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), fertility drugs/hormonal medications.
- Nutritional deficiencies, especially in vitamins and minerals that help to build bone such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin K
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show:
K-Force - Vitamin K helps maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, cells which break down bone
OsteoBase - OsteoBase provides 300 mg of calcium (150 mg in the form of hydroxyapatite) and 300 mg of magnesium per serving, in a 1:1 ratio.
Lab Panel Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel with Consult - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
November 15, 2016
It's not your thyroid's fault! There are so many different reasons your thyroid may not be getting the signal it needs to do its job! Listen and learn simple things that might be blocking your thyroid from being optimal and from you feeling great to have a life worth living!
September 22, 2016
Have you been told your thyroid is fine even though you may be experiencing problems like high cholesterol, Irregular Menstruation, low libido, Infertility, skin problems such as acne or eczema, even memory problems? Maybe you have an auto-immune disease in your thyroid! If you don't know what this is, listen to this weeks show and get educated on how you can take control of your health issues and manage your thyroid by making sure it's not attacking you!
July 20, 2016
Tail dragging? It could be your adrenals! If you suffer from fatigue, allergies, depression, hormonal imbalances or an inability to handle stress, then this show is for you! Find out what you can do to get your energy back!
June 9, 2016
Exhausted, depressed, foggy thinking, weight issues? These are just a few symptoms associated with sluggish thyroid and hormone imbalances. How do you know where to start? Listen to this weeks episode and get educated on how you can feel like your self again!