March 6, 2019
Signs and Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalances
- Weight Gain or Weight Loss
- Depression and Anxiety
- Low Libido
- Changes in Appetite
- Digestive Issues
- Hair Loss and Thinning Hair
- Low Testosterone
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Hyperthyroidism and Graves Disease
Some Symptoms Women May Experience Include
- Infertility and Irregular Periods
- Painful PMS
- Vaginal Dryness
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Product Mentioned In Today’s Show:
CDG Estrodim - By keeping hormones in balance and ensuring the body is able to process hormones properly, cruciferous vegetable metabolites (such as I3C and DIM) work together to reduce hormone overload and maintain cellular health
February 20, 2019
Stomach Issues And Their Link to Osteoporosis
Did you know that chronically low stomach acid has a major role in setting you up to develop osteoporosis symptoms down the road?
- Inactivity, or too little exercise
- Hormone Changes or Imbalance
- Low Vitamin D Levels
- High Amounts of Stress and Depression
- History of Medical Conditions Such as Autoimmune Disorders
- Weight loss, dieting that results in severe calorie restriction
- Long-term use of certain medications, including proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), fertility drugs/hormonal medications.
- Nutritional deficiencies, especially in vitamins and minerals that help to build bone such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin K
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show:
K-Force - Vitamin K helps maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, cells which break down bone
OsteoBase - OsteoBase provides 300 mg of calcium (150 mg in the form of hydroxyapatite) and 300 mg of magnesium per serving, in a 1:1 ratio.
Lab Panel Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel with Consult - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
February 6, 2019
Symptoms of a Possible Leaky Gut:
- Food Sensitivities
- Thyroid Conditions
- Joint Pain
- Skin Issues like Rosacea and Acne
- Digestive Problems
- Weight Gain
If any of these symptoms are left un-repaired, it can lead to more severe health issues like inflammatory bowel disease, IBS, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, depression, anxiety, migraine headaches, muscle pain and chronic fatigue.
Products Mentioned on Today’s Show:
SBI Protect Powder - Supports GI Barrier Health and Integrity
Probiotic 225 - Is a maximum-strength probiotic for cases of severe gastrointestinal (GI) and immune challenges
Lab Recommended in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Lab Panel with Complimentary Consult:
Contains 13 tests with 102 bio-markers –
Please fill out the health survey after ordering this panel
June 28, 2017
Is stress taking over your life? Did you know it could be wreaking havoc on your gut and digestive health? Imbalances in the gut can make you depressed, anxious and more! Find out what you can do to break this cycle and start living a life full of peace and joy! There is an answer!
June 14, 2017
Tired, depressed, ache all over? Maybe you are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Don't despair! There is hope and answers! Listen to this podcast and before you know it, that coffee pot that could never have enough coffee to get you going, will suddenly lose its allure!
June 1, 2017
Memory problems, brain fog? What's going on with your mind? Could it be from lack of sleep, stress, thyroid issues or possibly gut sluggishness? Find out on this show where your mind went and how to get it back!
May 4, 2017
Is your thyroid needing critical care? Did you know there are many minerals that your thyroid requires to thrive? Certain cravings mean certain nutrient deficienies. Do you know what they are? You will if you listen to this show!
April 20, 2017
How do you reduce inflammation? Listen to this weeks episode of The Functional Medicine Radio Show, where we are Dr. Carri's special guests and we talk about inflammation and how to stop it!
Main Questions Asked:
- What is inflammation?
- Where do cytokines come from?
- How does someone spot food that is non-GMO?
- What are some other ways for us to start reducing inflammation?
Key Points Made by Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis:
- Inflammation is not necessarily “bad” – it’s the body’s natural reaction to injury.
- Certain foods will also cause inflammation due to cytokines and can lead to chronic disease.
- There are two major issues that we need to deal with: toxicity in our environment and bodies, and genetically modified foods causing inflammation.
- Soy and corn are the most modified crops in North America and they make up large portions of the average diet.
- Wheat and gluten sensitivity are major causes of chronic disease and inflammation.
- In the US non-GMO food is typically labeled USDA Certified Organic.
- In Canada non-GMO food is much harder to spot – a label that says “organic” can still contain GMO foods.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics will help your GI tract heal.
- Filtered water, more rest, and a sense of humour can help with reducing inflammation.
- One way to tell if you’re suffering from inflammation is from your bowel movements, you should eliminate 20-30 minutes after each meal.
- Stick with the probiotics, it takes time to heal the damage done by inflammation. Many problems go away when you feed your body properly and detoxify your body.
- America is the sickest developed nation in the world.
- Increase nutrients, decrease toxins, repair the gut leakiness and replace that with friendly digestive enzymes.