July 26, 2017
Have you been told your cholesterol is to high? Are your statin drugs really helping your health? Is there a natural alternative to get your cholesterol numbers in an optimal range? Listen to this show to find out what you can do to get those pesky cholesterol numbers in range!
June 28, 2017
Is stress taking over your life? Did you know it could be wreaking havoc on your gut and digestive health? Imbalances in the gut can make you depressed, anxious and more! Find out what you can do to break this cycle and start living a life full of peace and joy! There is an answer!
June 14, 2017
Tired, depressed, ache all over? Maybe you are suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Don't despair! There is hope and answers! Listen to this podcast and before you know it, that coffee pot that could never have enough coffee to get you going, will suddenly lose its allure!
June 1, 2017
Memory problems, brain fog? What's going on with your mind? Could it be from lack of sleep, stress, thyroid issues or possibly gut sluggishness? Find out on this show where your mind went and how to get it back!
May 4, 2017
Is your thyroid needing critical care? Did you know there are many minerals that your thyroid requires to thrive? Certain cravings mean certain nutrient deficienies. Do you know what they are? You will if you listen to this show!
April 20, 2017
How do you reduce inflammation? Listen to this weeks episode of The Functional Medicine Radio Show, where we are Dr. Carri's special guests and we talk about inflammation and how to stop it!
Main Questions Asked:
- What is inflammation?
- Where do cytokines come from?
- How does someone spot food that is non-GMO?
- What are some other ways for us to start reducing inflammation?
Key Points Made by Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis:
- Inflammation is not necessarily “bad” – it’s the body’s natural reaction to injury.
- Certain foods will also cause inflammation due to cytokines and can lead to chronic disease.
- There are two major issues that we need to deal with: toxicity in our environment and bodies, and genetically modified foods causing inflammation.
- Soy and corn are the most modified crops in North America and they make up large portions of the average diet.
- Wheat and gluten sensitivity are major causes of chronic disease and inflammation.
- In the US non-GMO food is typically labeled USDA Certified Organic.
- In Canada non-GMO food is much harder to spot – a label that says “organic” can still contain GMO foods.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics will help your GI tract heal.
- Filtered water, more rest, and a sense of humour can help with reducing inflammation.
- One way to tell if you’re suffering from inflammation is from your bowel movements, you should eliminate 20-30 minutes after each meal.
- Stick with the probiotics, it takes time to heal the damage done by inflammation. Many problems go away when you feed your body properly and detoxify your body.
- America is the sickest developed nation in the world.
- Increase nutrients, decrease toxins, repair the gut leakiness and replace that with friendly digestive enzymes.
February 28, 2017
Confused about which fats are good for you and which ones are not? Wondering if all oils like, coconut, fish, flax, MCT are all made to do the same things in the body? Does it really matter? Listen and find out which ones you should be taking for heart health, cholesterol lowering, weight loss and many other health issues!
January 19, 2017
Sick and tired of being sick and tired? If you are suffering from the sniffles and congestion and just can't seem to get well, listen to this show to find out why you are still sick and what you can do to regain your health!
January 5, 2017
It's that time of year again! Time to set our health goals regarding weight, health and exercise. Listen and we will give you pointers to help you achieve a life worth living this year!