January 7, 2020
With the year just beginning, many people are looking at their daily habits and seeing what they can improve, and many New Year’s resolutions have been made. Some of these resolutions may be unrealistic and difficult to stick to, so forming one or two healthy habits at a time can add up to a big change without making you feel like giving up. In this week’s episode, we discuss exercising consistent health habits, and offer suggestions of how to be healthier this year.
Some good goals to set include:
- Exercising 3-4 times a week, even if it’s just taking a walk
- Drinking roughly eight glasses of water per day
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Practice stress-reducing techniques such as taking a warm bath or meditating
- Reducing sugar consumption, and/or trying a Keto or Paleo diet
- Spend more time outdoors
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show
Don’t give up if you make a mistake, just get back up and keep trying. It’s the many small decisions you make each day that arguably play the biggest role in your health, so make those choices as healthy as possible.
You can also to Exercising Consistent Health Habits on our YouTube channel here.
November 19, 2019
As leaky gut, food allergies, and gastrointestinal disorders become more common, it is more important than ever to be mindful of your gut health. Having a healthy gut is more difficult than it used to be due to the large number of environmental toxins, food additives, and stress we face every day. Much of your overall health is dependent on the health of your gut, and having good digestion is a key part of a healthy gut. Good digestion is crucial for nutrient absorption, bowel regularity, immune system function, and much more. In this week’s episode we discuss some common digestive issues, their causes, and what you can do to help improve your digestion.
Possible Signs of Poor Digestion:
- Feeling Tired After Eating
- Nutritional Deficiencies
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show
Probio Ease – This shelf-stable, 50 billion CFU formulation contains a blend of 7 select probiotic species with Sunfiber®, a low-FODMAP certified prebiotic. This formulation provides comprehensive microbiome, immune, and healthy inflammation support in one convenient capsule.†
Betaine & Pepsin – Betaine & Pepsin provides hydrochloric acid to help maintain gastric pH and supports overall nutrient absorption. Symptoms of indigestion are often mistaken for excessive gastric acid. This leads many to take acid blockers in attempt to lower stomach acid, when the true culprit is likely to be insufficient levels of HCl.
You can also listen to our Better Health Through Digestion episode on our YouTube channel here.
October 9, 2019
Candida overgrowth is a frequently discussed topic, and we get many questions about it from our patients. It is often blamed for many different health issues like autoimmune diseases, sinus infections, urinary tract infections, chronic fatigue, and many others. However, candida overgrowth is not solely responsible for all of these, and there is a lot of misinformation surrounding its causes and effects. Join us in getting to the gut of the matter of candida.
Possible Symptoms of Candida May Include:
- Chronic Sinus Issues
- Hormone Imbalances
- Bloating and Other Digestive Issues
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Bad Breath
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Joint Pain
- Uncontrolled Food Cravings (Especially for Bread, Pasta, and Sweets)
- Brain Fog and Difficulty Focusing
If an overgrowth of candida is suspected, dietary and lifestyle changes are often necessary to help heal it and prevent it from recurring. Greatly reducing or eliminating consumption of processed foods and high-carb, sugary foods is one of the best things to help "starve out" candida. Candida is often said to feed on sugar, so reducing its food supply may help reduce the problem. Having regular bowel movements may also help with candida overgrowth. So eat plenty of organic fruits and vegetables to get the fiber you need to stay regular, and drink plenty of water to flush that fiber out.
Product Mentioned in Today's Show
Candida Support - This powerful phytonutrient complex was designed for restoring and maintaining a healthy, balanced gastrointestinal microbiota. Along with undecylenic acid, this formula also provides berberine and other synergistic factors.
October 2, 2019
There are things you can do to help balance your hormones naturally. They include:
- Eat real food
- Eat whole food diet rich in fresh organic vegetables and fermented foods
- Avoid sugar and fructose, including fresh fruit juice
- Assess your adrenal health and HPA Axis function
- Balance your thyroid function with Thyroid Essentials
- Balance Estrogen with Progesterone – Progest-Avail
- PMS and other menstruation issues can also be addressed with a number of different plant remedies including a product called Flash Ease.
- Boost testosterone naturally with a product like Testo Essentials
Men aged 65 and older who took testosterone doubled their risk of heart attack within the first three months of use, even if they did not have heart disease prior to starting the therapy.
How do you naturally raise your testosterone? Doing these things will help increase it:
- Weight loss
- Limit or eliminate sugar from your diet
- High-intensity exercise and strength training
- Optimize your vitamin D level
- Reduce stress
- Increase zinc and magnesium intake
- Eat healthy fats
- Boost intake of branch chain amino acids
- Avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals known to affect testosterone production
- Use herbal supplements
September 25, 2019
What does it mean to eat stress free? Basically, eating clean is the best way to eat and creates the less stress. Clean eating will produce the following when you eat foods as close to their natural state as possible:
- Decreases inflammation
- Lowers Acidity
- Alkalizes the body
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Removes toxins and artificial ingredients
- Provides optimum nutrients
Clean eating is great for these types of people:
- Dealing with food allergies
- Heart disease or cardiovascular issues
- Digestive Dysfunction
- Depression or Anxiety
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
All forms of chronic disease
Products mentioned in today’s Show:
Deeper Greens - Deeper Greens helps patients overcome diets lacking in the recommended fruits and vegetables a day, as stated by the National Cancer Institute. Deeper Greens is a convenient drink mix providing beneficial nutrients from berries, fruits, vegetables and greens to support a healthy diet. This complete formula combines concentrated fruits and berries along with a unique vegetable antioxidant blend to help build antioxidant reserves and protect the body from free radical
July 2, 2019
Symptoms of SIBO and IBS include:
- Weight Loss
- Joint Pain
Lab Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
Product Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Lauricidin - Monolaurin is a natural, plant-based medium chain saturated fatty acid extracted from coconut oil that offers unique health-promoting properties.* When taken on an ongoing basis, Lauricidin® may help support a strong immune defense*, support a natural balance of healthy bacteria*, and promote a healthy balance of yeast*.
April 16, 2019
Some of the causes of childhood obesity:
- Portion sizes
- School lunch
- Absence of healthy fats
- Consumption of sugary and ultra-processed foods
- Lack of physical activity
- Stress on parents and kids
Solutions for childhood obesity
- Start with a healthy breakfast
- Pack school lunches
- Get involved at school
- Cook meals at home
- Limit TV time
- Make time for physical activity
- Be supportive and show by example
Products mentioned in today’s show:
GlycemaCORE - GlycemaCORE is a drink mix formula that supports blood sugar balance already within normal levels. GlycemaCORE provides fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, lipoic acid, chromium and vanadyl sulfate, with no added sugar. GlycemaCORE is available in delicious chocolate and vanilla flavors.
5-HTP 100mg. - (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid that plays an important role in the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter known to be associated with the feeling of well-being. In addition to supporting a healthy mental outlook and mood,
February 20, 2019
Stomach Issues And Their Link to Osteoporosis
Did you know that chronically low stomach acid has a major role in setting you up to develop osteoporosis symptoms down the road?
- Inactivity, or too little exercise
- Hormone Changes or Imbalance
- Low Vitamin D Levels
- High Amounts of Stress and Depression
- History of Medical Conditions Such as Autoimmune Disorders
- Weight loss, dieting that results in severe calorie restriction
- Long-term use of certain medications, including proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), fertility drugs/hormonal medications.
- Nutritional deficiencies, especially in vitamins and minerals that help to build bone such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin K
Products Mentioned in Today’s Show:
K-Force - Vitamin K helps maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, cells which break down bone
OsteoBase - OsteoBase provides 300 mg of calcium (150 mg in the form of hydroxyapatite) and 300 mg of magnesium per serving, in a 1:1 ratio.
Lab Panel Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Panel with Consult - The GWH - 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 102 biomarkers.
February 6, 2019
Symptoms of a Possible Leaky Gut:
- Food Sensitivities
- Thyroid Conditions
- Joint Pain
- Skin Issues like Rosacea and Acne
- Digestive Problems
- Weight Gain
If any of these symptoms are left un-repaired, it can lead to more severe health issues like inflammatory bowel disease, IBS, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, depression, anxiety, migraine headaches, muscle pain and chronic fatigue.
Products Mentioned on Today’s Show:
SBI Protect Powder - Supports GI Barrier Health and Integrity
Probiotic 225 - Is a maximum-strength probiotic for cases of severe gastrointestinal (GI) and immune challenges
Lab Recommended in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Lab Panel with Complimentary Consult:
Contains 13 tests with 102 bio-markers –
Please fill out the health survey after ordering this panel
July 26, 2017
Have you been told your cholesterol is to high? Are your statin drugs really helping your health? Is there a natural alternative to get your cholesterol numbers in an optimal range? Listen to this show to find out what you can do to get those pesky cholesterol numbers in range!