February 6, 2019
Symptoms of a Possible Leaky Gut:
- Food Sensitivities
- Thyroid Conditions
- Joint Pain
- Skin Issues like Rosacea and Acne
- Digestive Problems
- Weight Gain
If any of these symptoms are left un-repaired, it can lead to more severe health issues like inflammatory bowel disease, IBS, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, depression, anxiety, migraine headaches, muscle pain and chronic fatigue.
Products Mentioned on Today’s Show:
SBI Protect Powder - Supports GI Barrier Health and Integrity
Probiotic 225 - Is a maximum-strength probiotic for cases of severe gastrointestinal (GI) and immune challenges
Lab Recommended in Today’s Show:
Comprehensive Lab Panel with Complimentary Consult:
Contains 13 tests with 102 bio-markers –
Please fill out the health survey after ordering this panel
June 1, 2017
Memory problems, brain fog? What's going on with your mind? Could it be from lack of sleep, stress, thyroid issues or possibly gut sluggishness? Find out on this show where your mind went and how to get it back!
April 20, 2017
How do you reduce inflammation? Listen to this weeks episode of The Functional Medicine Radio Show, where we are Dr. Carri's special guests and we talk about inflammation and how to stop it!
Main Questions Asked:
- What is inflammation?
- Where do cytokines come from?
- How does someone spot food that is non-GMO?
- What are some other ways for us to start reducing inflammation?
Key Points Made by Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis:
- Inflammation is not necessarily “bad” – it’s the body’s natural reaction to injury.
- Certain foods will also cause inflammation due to cytokines and can lead to chronic disease.
- There are two major issues that we need to deal with: toxicity in our environment and bodies, and genetically modified foods causing inflammation.
- Soy and corn are the most modified crops in North America and they make up large portions of the average diet.
- Wheat and gluten sensitivity are major causes of chronic disease and inflammation.
- In the US non-GMO food is typically labeled USDA Certified Organic.
- In Canada non-GMO food is much harder to spot – a label that says “organic” can still contain GMO foods.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics will help your GI tract heal.
- Filtered water, more rest, and a sense of humour can help with reducing inflammation.
- One way to tell if you’re suffering from inflammation is from your bowel movements, you should eliminate 20-30 minutes after each meal.
- Stick with the probiotics, it takes time to heal the damage done by inflammation. Many problems go away when you feed your body properly and detoxify your body.
- America is the sickest developed nation in the world.
- Increase nutrients, decrease toxins, repair the gut leakiness and replace that with friendly digestive enzymes.
February 28, 2017
Confused about which fats are good for you and which ones are not? Wondering if all oils like, coconut, fish, flax, MCT are all made to do the same things in the body? Does it really matter? Listen and find out which ones you should be taking for heart health, cholesterol lowering, weight loss and many other health issues!
February 8, 2017
Trouble getting or staying motivated to regain your health goals? Listen to this episode to pick up some valuable tips and tricks to help you stay in the drivers seat!
January 19, 2017
Sick and tired of being sick and tired? If you are suffering from the sniffles and congestion and just can't seem to get well, listen to this show to find out why you are still sick and what you can do to regain your health!
January 5, 2017
It's that time of year again! Time to set our health goals regarding weight, health and exercise. Listen and we will give you pointers to help you achieve a life worth living this year!
December 20, 2016
Stress and an imbalanced gut can contribute to multiple inflammatory diseases and conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Osteoarthritis, Lupus, Crohn's, and Ulcerative Colitis just to name a few. Imbalances in your gut can make you Depressed and Anxious. There are so many natural solutions that can make you feel so good, that you can live life like someone left the gate open!